Life Science Figure Design
The purpose of this course is to familiarise participants with the principles of graphic design. They will learn how to faithfully represent data in figures and improve their own data presentation style.
Instructor: Helena Jambor (MPI of Molecular Cell Biology and Genetics, Dresden).
- From raw data and numbers to figures.
- Display types for different kinds of data.
- Legibility through style, layout and color.
- Focus the attention: Gestaltprinzipien, visual perception.
- Logic in figures, figure sets.
- Adapting figures for audiences.
You can bring a poster or figure that you are working on. We will discuss the design! You may bring the figure electronically on a laptop, or you can have it printed out (A2 or A1 size).
Number of participants: minimum 8, maximum 10.
Length: The course takes a full day from 09:00 to 17:00 including lunch and coffee breaks.