Advanced plotting with ggplot in R
The aim of this course is to teach you how to create informative scientific plots using the ggplot package in R.
Instructor: András Aszódi.
- Fundamentals of scientific visualisation.
- Introduction to ggplot. Data preparation, plot creation workflow.
- ggplot details: bars, boxes, densities, function plots, faceting.
Basic familiarity with R is advantageous, in particular:
- Using the R Studio environment
- How to invoke R functions, pass optional/named parameters
- Some familiarity with the standard R plotting commands
If you have attended our R as a programming language training then you are well equipped to take this course, but this is not a strict pre-requisite.
Number of participants: minimum 5, maximum 10.
Length: The course takes a half-day, from 09:00 to 13:00 with 2 breaks.